The Grand Canyon attracts thousands of visitors each year. There’s a reason this area is considered one of the greatest national treasures and why millions from around the world visit every year. Wearing the right clothing and packing essential items on a Grand Canyon tour will ensure you are comfortable and able to enjoy this magnificent environment.
Proper Attire for a Comfortable Grand Canyon Tour
- Comfortable Shoes with Good Tread: Be sure to wear broken-in hiking boots with solid ankle support. Quality running shoes can also be appropriate for those planning a hiking or walking tour of the Canyon.
- Light Layers: The Grand Canyon experiences extreme temperature shifts with the bottom of the canyon being about 15 degrees Fahrenheit hotter than atop the rim. You’ll want to dress in light layers that can be easily removed as needed. Layers can also help shield you from the sun.
- Wide-Brimmed Hat: Since there is little shade in the Grand Canyon, a wide-brimmed hat will help to shield your face from the sun.
Items to Bring on a Grand Canyon Tour
- Backpack:A simple backpack will give you space to carry sunscreen, water and other essentials, as well as a souvenir or two.
- Polarized Sunglasses:Sunglasses are key to protecting your eyes from harsh UV rays and sun glare. For the best visual experience, invest in a good pair of polarized sunglasses.
- Refillable Water Bottle: It is imperative to stay hydrated in the desert heat. While you can no longer purchase plastic water bottles at the Grand Canyon, there are a number of water bottle filling stations available for public use, so be sure to bring a reusable bottle.
Book a Grand Canyon Tour with Maverick Helicopters
Are you ready to experience the Grand Canyon like never before? Contact our team at 702-261-0007 to learn about our wide selection of helicopter tours, including special Grand Canyon landing tours that allow you to experience this natural wonder both by air and by foot.