If you think of Las Vegas as only “the home of casinos,” you’re going to enjoy expanding your perspective. Las Vegas is also home to a few of the most breathtaking pools in the world and serves as home base for the best tourism-based aviation company in the world, too: Maverick Helicopters.
With a little planning, you can combine these two pursuits and create a “Vegas Day” unlike any other: visit one or more pools on the Strip by day, then view the spectacular lights and energy of the Strip by helicopter at night.
Soak By Day Poolside
Las Vegas pools consistently rank high on travel guide lists, based on their design, originality, amenities, ease of use and safety. Be sure to bring a waterproof camera and your swimsuit to these five eye-catching Las Vegas pools:
- Caesars Palace actually offers six pools, including swim-up blackjack and topless bathing (if that’s your scene). The overall theme is decidedly Roman, with sculptures, columns and fountains complementing the hotel’s iconic style.
- The Flamingo is one of those places you might wish to circle on foot before you step in the water. Of five swimming pools nestled on 15 acres, three are connected by lagoons and water slides while a fourth features an 18-foot waterfall. You can reserve a complimentary cabana while indulging in fresh fruit and sparkling water served by your own personal cabana host.
- Mandalay Bay is more than just a pool; it’s an 11-acre beach, complete with a river, three swimming pools, a wave pool and all the sand you can sink your toes into. This is a place that gleefully turned the Vegas paradigm upside down; it added a beachside casino to augment the real attraction: cool, refreshing water.
- MGM Grand offers a tale of two cities – and a total of five pools. One side features a 1,000-foot lazy river, on which you can slowly glide along in an inner tube. The other side features one of the most hoppin’ party spots on the Strip, complete with DJs.
- Wynn Encore might lure you with its pools nestled in lush and colorful gardens, but its swanky cabanas are certain to provide an unbeatable respite from the Vegas heat. More like small apartments, these cabanas feature central air conditioning, ceiling fans and plasma TVs.
Fly By Night With Maverick
Fully refreshed from a dip in these Las Vegas pools, you’ll be ready for the high point of your “Vegas Day”; a Vegas night flight over the Strip. Maverick Helicopters makes your night-time itinerary a breeze. Here’s a sample itinerary:
- 7:15 p.m: Pick-up at your hotel
- 7:45 p.m.: Check in at the Maverick terminal, close to the Strip, and enjoy a champagne toast
- 8:15 p.m: Depart over the Las Vegas Strip
- 8:27 – 8:30 p.m.: Return to the Maverick terminal
- 9 p.m.: Return to your hotel
Don’t judge this tour by its length, for you’ll luxuriate in Maverick’s spacious “limousine in the sky” while viewing the entertainment capital of the world from the best vantage point possible. Maverick will expand your perspective – and your view of Las Vegas at the same time.