You've got questions, we've got answers! Here we've updated and expanded on our Frequently Asked Questions to help you have your best experience when traveling to the Grand Canyon.
What should I bring with me on the tour?
- There isn't much you need. Passengers over 18 need ID and cameras are strongly recommended. Other suggestions include hats, sunglasses, sunscreen and comfortable clothing. For more information about preparing for your tour check out the Ultimate Packing List when Coming To Vegas.
Does Maverick provide a shuttle service?
- Yes. For those of you leaving from Las Vegas a pick up time and site will be given to you when you book your tour. You will be picked up in one of our buses, all of which are clearly marked with the Maverick logo. At this time, shuttle service is not available for those who start the tour at the Grand Canyon.
Do these tours damage the fragile eco-system of the Grand Canyon?
- We do everything we can to minimize intrusion on the Grand Canyon. In addition, all of our helicopters are ECO-Star helicopters, designed to reduce noise pollution while cradling the occupants in comfort and style.
How safe are we while flying through or hovering over the Grand Canyon?
- Very safe. Maverick Helicopters has the highest safety rating of any tourism aviation company in the entire world. We have been awarded the Federal Aviation Administration's (FAA) Diamond Award and our pilots have received over 150 awards for their flying and customer service.
What is the best way to capture memories of the tour?
- As previously stated, all tour participants are encouraged to bring their cameras. For a truly spectacular memory, a DVD of your tour can be purchased. Taken by an exterior camera, so there is nothing to block the view, this DVD also includes an audio track so that you can hear the pilot's narration and the passengers questions and comments.
Is it safe to take the tour while pregnant?
- It is recommended that you check with you doctor to be sure it is safe for your particular circumstances to fly. However, generally speaking, it is safe for pregnant women to enjoy our tours.
What should I expect from my Grand Canyon experience?
- You should expect to see incredible sights while relaxing in comfort in our helicopter. You should expect to be treated as a VIP by all of our staff, including our pilots. And you should expect to make memories that will last a lifetime!
What are you waiting for? Call us at 1-888-261-4414 or visit our Grand Canyon tour page to get started!