At Maverick Helicopters, we truly believe we sit in the midst of some of the most fascinating environments in the world. We have the glitzy and glamorous entertainment capital, Las Vegas, at our doorstep and the captivating beauty of the outdoors just a short Grand Canyon helicopter flight away.
Our “Ask the Pilot” video series is designed to showcase a few of the exciting sights our visitors are privy to during our exciting helicopter tours. This includes an introduction to some of our pilots, key information about the luxurious ECO-Star helicopters we use and facts on our region’s top tourist destinations.
Grand Canyon Helicopter Flight Insights From a Maverick Pilot
The fifth video in our “Ask the Pilot” series starts with an in-helicopter video of Assistant Chief Pilot Riley Troy skillfully maneuvering one of our helicopters between canyon walls. This is a great visual example of how close and intimate our helicopter flights can get you to the beauty of the region.
After this cut, you’ll see Troy standing at one of our private landing spots in the Grand Canyon. Here, he shares with viewers key information about the sights and our helicopters like:
- The Hoover Dam took five years to build.
- This incredible man-made structure stands over 720 feet tall.
- Maverick’s helicopters take off into the wind for better performance.
Maverick Helicopters was not only the first helicopter outfit in Las Vegas, but continually proves to rank the best in safety and customer satisfaction.
In February, the FAA awarded Maverick Helicopters the 2016 Diamond of Excellence Award for maintenance and safety. This represents the sixth consecutive time our company has earned the prestigious distinction.
And in May, the Southern Nevada Hotel Concierge Association named us the “Best Air Tour Company” for the eighth consecutive year.
But you don’t have to take their word for it. Consider the following outstanding things past tour guests have had to say about Maverick Helicopters and our pilots…
- “We had the BEST pilot, Marcus, and it was the highlight of our vacation in Las Vegas.”
- “Par Excellence… Mike the Pilot was FIRST CLASS all the way.”
- “Absolutely awesome, a truly wonderful experience! We will never forget the first sight of the Grand Canyon as we flew over the West Rim.”
- “We had a terrific time. As a pilot myself, I could tell [pilot Logan] was all about safety first which I really appreciated.”
- “The pilot’s professionalism, knowledge, overall command and guidance, was second to none. I have experienced many, many helicopter tours from various locales throughout the world and he, as well as the experienced provided, was by far the best.”
Ready to experience the Maverick difference for yourself? Join the more than 200,000 people who choose us every year and book a Grand Canyon helicopter flight today!